Thursday, September 1, 2011

Event @ Roy's in Anaheim CA

 August 31st a beautiful summer night in Anaheim California Steve and I along with Kim and Leif attended a dinner event at "Roy's" restaurant.
We spent an evening with Roy Yamaguchi and two guest chefs Jackie Nabong and Michael Rossi
 for a truly unique 5 course dinner paired with KAENA Wines. 
  benefitting Childern's Hospital of Orange County
CHOC Childern's

Mike and Sally live in Santa Ynez where Mike has been a wine maker for several years now.  Kim and Leif decided to grow grapes and they chose "Grenache" because Mike is the King of the valley specializing in Grenache wine. His wines are phenomenal !!!
We sipped on Grenache Blanc, with our 1st course "Smoked Bay Scallop Ceviche" and Grenache Rose with our 2nd course of "Hiramasa Tataki and Strawberry Salad".  3rd course was "Northern Australia Barramundi" paired with Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Mourvedre.  4th course "Olive Oil Poached Small Eye Shutome" paired with one of my favorites of Mikes wines "Look me in the eye" (cool label on the bottle) a Grenache, Syrah.  Dessert..Peach Chamomille Mousse Torte (unbelievable)
It was a Yummy Fun Night 
Great Food, Great Friends, Great Wine all for a Great Cause!!!
My sweet buddy, Kimmy

Group shot
Steve, me, Kim, Mike, Sally and Leif
(red shirt guy, another wine maker at the event)

me with Mike and Kimmy
holding all of Mike's wines, YUM!!

me with Sally (Mikes wife) and Kimmy
after a "bit" of wine

Sally starting to get a little frisky..

I think we're trying to look......I'm not sure what we're trying to do
way toooooo much wine!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: